Tuesday 29 September 2015

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 1 - Initial Ideas

After deciding on a simple concertina fold I went on to thinking about layouts. At first I was thinking of very simple designs that would reflect the fact that it is an informative leaflet so I wanted to make the priority legibility and readability of the information. I also played with the idea of using a flow chart taking the reader through steps where they can answer yes or no in order to perfect their design process. Then I thought of having my own personal design process and illustrating it myself along with my handwriting and having a jest about the process and making it a fun read. Tying to this I thought I could compare my design process with a professional design process as a sort of learning experience comparing and contrasting between the two. Or perhaps it could demonstrate that you don't have to go into such detail for a successful design process.


I was very inspired by the Adult Swim leaflet from my research and took the idea of comparing my own design process with a professional one with the use of anaglyph glasses. So you could only see one process through one pair of glasses and the other through the other pair of glasses. This idea of an interactive leaflet is much more appealing than a simple illustrated one. I will definitely be taking this concept forward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment