Friday 17 April 2015

OUGD404 - Studio Brief 2 - Final Book










Overall I am over the moon with the result. I think that in the end it was worth all the time and effort. Due to the binding method the pages are a bit uneven and in places it has got a bit messy but I think that this all adds a bit of character to the book - you can tell its handmade and bespoke - its not something that could be produced on a large scale. 

I think that the result is successful at ticking most of the boxes of good book layout, but if I were to show this again I probably would have created a book that could show the structure of how it is produced.

I realise that I was a bit overambitious with this project and it meant that it took away from other projects that I have been working on but to see the end result like this is very pleasing and I am proud of what I have achieved. If I was to do a similar brief again I would definitely be a lot easier on myself and pick something that was maybe a tiny bit shorter then I would have more time to make it really unique and display all the criteria for a perfect book.

No comments:

Post a Comment