Sunday 26 April 2015

OUGD406 - Studio Brief 4 - Interim Critique

When showing my initial print out in the interim critique a lot of people said that it would be very helpful to them which is a good sign so it shows that I have solved a problem that graphic design students have. The next thing that was mentioned was the title, I called it the 'Graphics Survival Bible' as I felt that it was a key thing to have to survive on this course. However other people didn't understand it and if it was going to be used in a submission it should have the name, module and brief on the front so that the markers know it is a notebook and not a piece of their work. But I also got feedback that the style of it and tone of voice is a bit childish, due to the use of humour and bright colours. In my opinion this isn't a bad thing but I think that I should strip it back a bit if it was going to get re-used/be handed in with an assignment it should be bare for others to put their personality on. 

I asked if they thought I should produce the booklet so it was for each module rather than each brief but most people said that it would be much easier to just have one per brief. A really nice suggestion was made too, that I could perhaps make some stickers or labels that could extend out of the book so it is more than just a notebook. Maybe I could create labels for submissions. I will definitely play around with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment