Tuesday 17 March 2015

OUGD406 - Studio Brief 3 - Invitation design




This was my initial idea - having something very paired back with our logo and the name over it in our accent colour. Although I wasn’t entirely sure about the use of din. It felt too condensed and not open enough for the contemporary feel I was trying to achieve. Also the back of the invitation is very bare, after having feedback from the rest of the group we decided it should have more information about the event on it.




Next I worked on the back a bit more, and kept the front roughly the same - trying if it worked with a different word. We chose a font together to use for all of the body copy and that was Museo Sans and I feel that it works a lot better. Also rather than having a line to write someone’s name in this is simply a nameless invitation so it would make the process of sending them a lot easier. I also tried inverting the colours to make it look sophisticated but I feel that this makes it more difficult to read.




I removed the text completely from the front as I felt it was just interrupting the design. Also we had picked our colour scheme by this point so the back was starting to look more legible and it was getting there. At this point we had a critique and Rhys took over the designs of the invitations so he could write some of the description and work on the front, rather than it being plain. I thought this was a good design as it ties in with the posters very nicely but everyone else thought that it was lacking something.




Rhys came back with this design - a very subtle logo in the background with similar text used within the 3rd poster design that Jack created. I like the text on the front as it combines our name subtly through the use of colour and the separation of text. I do feel that the logo in the background is a bit too subtle though, but I think this is just my personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment