Saturday 9 April 2016

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 2 - Initial Design Ideas

Initially I wanted to do a peta campaign after looking at the majority of their campaigns. To bring some positivity to veganism would be hugely beneficial to people's views of the lifestyle in my opinion. So I explored some initial ideas through sketches.


I thought about exploring the health benefits of the lifestyle rather than focusing on the negativity of animal cruelty in the farming industry. So I thought about a series of posters or maybe even a zine that went through all the health benefits. However I feel like this would be something you would find in a doctor's surgery rather than for peta. Also I thought about making a series of positive postcards that could be viewed as art as well as supporting veganism. This would mean that I could further explore my traditional print side. Although I thought like with in study task 2 targeting something at children may mean that their generation will become more tolerant to this lifestyle. So I thought about doing a children's book and maybe some supporting food ranges to promote a healthy vegan or vegetarian lifestyle for children around 5-10 years old. 


After thinking about it I thought about what food I could include in this food range to go alongside a children's book. There are so many options that I could do from snacks to main meals. I have found as a vegan myself it is very difficult to find ready meals that are vegan friendly so having a children's meal that is vegan friendly must be even harder to find. I might try and fill this gap with my food range.

No comments:

Post a Comment