Saturday 14 November 2015

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 4 - Seasick Steve Concept Idea

After having a good look at Seasick Steve's work I feel like I have got a really good concept to base the campaign around. Because he uses found objects to make his guitars I thought that I could use found objects to construct the new campaign site. Like pieces of cardboard for the banner and footer or a bit of metal for the navigation bar. I really think that this will build up to show the essence of Seasick Steve and his music.


I also thought that I could create a custom typeface out of his hand written type that he has used on some of his albums to give it that personal and humble vibe that Steve portrays. 
Below is the full font that I created using paintfont.com. Although some of the detail has been lost in this process I am really pleased with how it came out. It's very quirky and unique like the man himself while still being readable.

Below are some of his custom made guitars, most of the parts of these guitars I could probably find, especially some wood and bottle caps. Perhaps on the site the bottle caps could be the buttons and I could laser cut the title into a plank of wood to be the header.


No comments:

Post a Comment