Tuesday 28 October 2014

Presentation of Research

I had an idea to present my research in a book format, so I began researching some book binding methods.



This image shows lots of different ways of binding a classic style book from sewn bindings to spiral bound. However I don't think that I have enough research to fill some of these sizes of books.

So I started to look at books that are constructed by using folds rather than binding the pages together. I first looked at the "secret fold" method, which was really easy to make and it folds out into one big sheet. 


I also tried a concertina book, which once again I found really easy to make and the design of it looks really nice when opened up. I also had the idea of doing the facts for wild mushrooms on one side and research about foragers on the other. I think that I will use this method to present the research that I get as it is easier to separate the two sides of the story that I have focused on. 





No comments:

Post a Comment