Friday 14 November 2014

OUGD403 - Self Evaluation

Throughout the OUGD403 module I have attended most if not all of the classes, so I feel like I have managed my time well as I finished early than I expected. I believe that I have worked very well in this module as I have spent extra time in the studio whether it was after 3:30 on a normal day or all day during studio development. This has made me push myself further and in the end I think that it has made me produce better work.

I found the tutorials that we received throughout the module, such as the illustrator workshops and the print inductions, very helpful as I learnt lots of new things. Even though I was already familiar with how to use illustrator at the start of the year, I learnt more nuances to do with the program including some shortcuts and advanced options. Moreover without the help of tutorials I have managed to teach myself basic skills to use InDesign, which I had never used before coming here. I created all of my design boards using InDesign and even though I have a lot more to learn about the software I am beginning to feel more and more confident in using it.

This module it has made me really appreciate feedback from my peers – in previous projects at other institutions I hardly ever received feedback on my works as I was too scared to show it to other people. After having interim critiques and asking my peers I feel a lot more confident with my work and it has helped me develop my skills a lot further than I would have done without any feedback whatsoever. Also feedback helped me overcome any problems that I faced. I often asked people what they thought or how they would overcome the problem that I had to help me solve it myself. Additionally I would try and return the favor as much as possible to anyone else who needed help.
  
If I were to do this whole module again I would probably spend more time planning and brainstorming my ideas before putting them down on paper. That way I think that I would have produced clearer work with clearer messages. But overall I think that I have done quite well considering it is my first completed module.

END OF MODULE QUESTIONNAIRE:


OUGD403 Design Skills

Question 
  1. What was your attendance for this module? 90-100%
  2. Do you believe that the content of the module was relevant to your development? Agree strongly
  3. Do you believe the projects/ briefs were relevant and appropriate for the module? Agree strongly
  4. The workload was appropriate to the the level of the module. Agree
  5. Do you believe you have fulfilled your learning potential during the module and that it has helped/ will help you to progress? Agree strongly
  6. Support from the programme and/or module team during this module was useful and offered an opportunity to discuss my progress. Agree strongly
  7. The feedback I was given was useful and helped me progress with my work. Agree strongly
  8. Were the assessment criteria explained to you, and did you understand what you were aiming to achieve? Agree 
  9. The Library and LRC resources were satisfactory. Agree
  10. Appropriate resources (e.g. workshops, equipment, computers, studio space) were available. Agree
  11. Approximatley how much did you spend during the course of this module on materials? £19 - On printing.
  12. If appropriate write additional comments to the above here:
2. The content of the module was very relevant as most of the work that we will be doing involves Typography in some way shape or form, so being taught about this at an early stage means that we will be more competent in this area for other modules.
3. The projects and briefs were very relevant especially to the study tasks we were given. This meant we could immediately apply the skills that we had just learnt. For the first 2 briefs we applied our knowledge about typography and type anatomy into our own typeface and letterforms. For the second 2 briefs we combined this knowledge with text and image which I found really helpful, also applying what we learnt about grids.
4. I believe that the workload was just right as it meant that I could finish everything as well as doing extra work on some of the briefs. 
5. I definitely think that I have fulfilled my learning potential and I have learnt skills that I can take forward to other modules. 
6. I found all of the module team very helpful during this module. Especially when we had studio development times when tutors would come in and give one to one feedback which really helped me to progress my ideas further. 


No comments:

Post a Comment