Thursday 27 November 2014

Photoshop Induction - Session 1

TOTAL RECALL POSTER REDESIGN


I took the background from a still of part of the film which I thought had an interesting geometric pattern, I decided to take this and use it almost like a halo around the main characters. I think this still of the scene is also quite key to the plot of the story as it confuses the character whether what he is experiencing is real or not. Also, I wanted to add the futuristic look by adding blues to the design, particularly taking the light blue colour from the machine that I used as a background. I added some of this colour to his face to make it look like a glowing light and I added some JJ Abrams style lens flares, by experimenting with blur techniques, to add to the futuristic feel. Additionally I added blur effects to the title and cast names by taking a blue version of the text and using movement blur so it looks like it is moving/ there are lens flares behind it. 

Original photo of Colin Farrell


After I had finished my first poster I decided that I should do a set of all the top billed actors on the original posters. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any photos that were as good as the one of Colin Farrell (which was provided in the photoshop induction) and I had to find one on the internet that suited the style. I then made removed the background and made the image black and white, while adding the blue glow to the side of the face. It was a pretty simple job as all the other elements made it tie in with the other poster.

Original Poster of Kate Beckinsale



I think that this design is my least successful as I struggled to find a picture that matched the other two in terms of composition and style. This was the best one I could find that had a higher resolution yet you can still see that something about it doesn't look right. 

Original Photo of Jessica Biel
Original Film Poster
Overall, due to my existing knowledge of Photoshop I mostly worked on my own for the whole session as I knew most of the techniques that the tutor was talking about. 






No comments:

Post a Comment