Tuesday 11 November 2014

Studio Brief 4 - Interim Crit

For my interim critique I took some of the ideas from my rough sketches and illustrated them neater. I also created some new ideas to see if any of them worked. 


A lot of people seemed to like the skull that was created out of mushrooms, however they said that it looked like the skull was laughing or smiling so if I am going to use this idea I will have to alter it slightly. 


As I had already decided, people agreed that the mushrooms made out of glyphs didn't really convey my message even though I had tried to in the last thumbnail. Someone said that the skull I had made out of glyphs looked like an owl so it didn't convey the message as clearly as I would have liked. I think for my type only poster I will go with the 'mushroom' with the skull in the o's. John even suggested that I add a question mark to this to draw the viewer in more. However after trying this digitally it looks more like someone asking if they would like a mushroom, or even questioning what a mushroom so it is rather confusing.




For my type and image posters I really liked the design I did based on the poster I researched with the deer in, I think it is bold and punchy. However upon receiving critique I was told that maybe it could be too serious, and that I should include some humour. I do agree with this, but I loved this design from the minute I drew it and it is hard to let it go so easily! I think that the "Can you tell the difference?" posters would work well with humour and perhaps by saying something like "One of these mushrooms can go in soup, the other is deadly." could work quite well to lower the tone of voice slightly.

Overall, I found this feedback really useful and it has enabled me to choose my final designs to digitalise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment