Sunday 25 January 2015

OUGD404 - Study Task 2 - Folded Books - The Trouser Fold Book


The book is folded into 16 rectangles so I decided the page up exactly into 16. 


I then added the page numbers with the corresponding angles in which they go once the book would be folding as well as red lines where the page should be cut. 

Then I could just add my step by step guide of how to make the booklet. 


I created some simple illustrations which I think makes the process a lot clearer than with just text. Especially with this booklet as it can be quite confusing to make. After doing a test print it worked perfectly! I plan to make an a4 and a3 version of the booklet to increase the legibility as the amount of pages make the book very small on a4. I also want to make a cover to the book, using a thicker stock so that the book won't unfold when it is being read.

In the end it printed really well. I did a couple of test prints and the only issue I had was that it would scale the size of the document down slightly when printing to not cut off any of the text, so it displaced the pages a bit. But I am really pleased with the final look of it, I especially love the blue cover. 










The book with out the cover. I can see why it is also known as a maze fold book now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment