Wednesday 14 January 2015

OUGD405 - Studio Brief 3 - Mock ups


Initially I tried some cut out designs for the front cover, I really like the way that the design shows through with little splashes of colour. But I think the black colour is too harsh for the front cover even though it provides a nice contrast to the colours. I planned to use either acetate or tracing paper for a cover sheet with the title in so I shall try that instead.



I am really pleased with how the tracing paper works over my watercolour design. It worked much better than I thought it would, creating this cloudy feel over the design. 







The only problem I had with this mock up was that I forgot to print blank pages, so the word page printed out on two separate pages instead of a double spread. Of course this will be fixed once I put my illustrations into the design.







No comments:

Post a Comment