Friday 9 January 2015

OUGD405 - Studio Brief 4 - Tea products

After deciding that my end product for studio brief 4 will most likely be some sort of packaging for tea I tried to look for some inspiration. I found that a lot of the packaging that is more 'organic' looking uses hand made looking papers or brown paper mixed with bold, bright colours.


I like the idea of using a paper bag in this design rather than a pot as it is more sustainable. I also love the use of geometric and repeated patterns on the labels of these designs, maybe I could do something similar with mine. The bright, eye catching colours contrast against the brown backgrounds to draw your eye to the label and therefore the information. 

Again, bright colours have been used in Clipper's designs to attract the eye. But the one thing I like about this packaging is how organic it looks, I love the hand drawn illustrations and the hand drawn type for Clipper's logo. Incorporating images of the flavours like the chamomile and tea leaves also works very well, making the tea come across as a very natural, healthy product. Even though some have used bright yellows and greens, I much prefer the muted tones like in the peppermint tea as it is calming - which tea should be. 
I love these little tins, the first word that pops into my head is adorable. The combination of the bright colours and the script hand written fonts gives a very friendly feel. They have also themed the designs by doing the same decoration but changing the little white illustrations, using little teapots or flowers or birds. I find this very charming as it ties them all together yet lets you differentiate the flavours through colours and illustration. 


This packaging is very charming, printed once again on brown paper and using illustrations and colours to show the different flavours. The difference with this product is that it comes with a mug as well as the tea and some sugar. I really like the home made feel of all the packaging, it looks as if someone has just taken a blank brown paper bag and drawn all over it. The simplicity of the cover does the materials justice by not crowding the brown paper with colour or images, just text. 


This is the most simple, yet most English packaging that I came across. I like the use of two colours, which give it a retro feel as this tone of yellow isn't often seen today (unless it is mustard). I like the simple sans serif type combined with the decorative serif underneath because it creates an understated yet sophisticated look. Also the lack of illustration a part from the little alarm clock works because it is framed by a thick line, making it look like an exclusive product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment