Friday 6 February 2015

OUGD406 - Studio Brief 1 - CCTV camera

I drew out another one of my thumbnails based on a CCTV camera. I thought that this was the perfect object to use to show the world that we live in - that we are so unaware that we are constantly being watched, reminding me of George Orwell's novel "1984". I just used simple outlines to emphasise the slightly intimidating form of the camera. 



I added some more details and shading to the camera to make it look a bit more 3D and give it some depth so it would look like it was facing out from the wall.  I also played around with the colour of the backgrounds to see if I could find a colour that complimented the navy blue of the outlines. I really like this beige yellow, it sort of reminds me of the colour of an old concrete or sand-washed wall, which is probably where you would find a CCTV camera.


After receiving feedback for my final design it was said that I should play around with the composition of the piece. So I decided to try and make the CCTV camera look as if it is facing down and looking at the viewing, a voyeur constantly watching, constantly waiting for something to happen. By placing it an a corner it emphasises how unwanted CCTV cameras usually are - putting it where not many people can see it. I think that I will submit both this composition and the big one as I believe the message of both of them are very strong and portrays what I was trying to say well.



No comments:

Post a Comment