Friday 2 October 2015

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 1 - Further Development


After the interim critique, people said that the layout made it incredibly hard to read even with the glasses on that I had created. So I decided that I should separate them somehow while still being able to merge them together for the graphic effect. I thought about multiple options such as an overlay over the leaflet. But then I thought I could play with the stock that I print on and experiment with tracing paper or acetate. So I could separate the two layouts and fold a piece of tracing paper or acetate in half to still create the same effect. I also slightly adjusted the layout at this point, adding some more quirks to my own process as well as adding definitive sections to the professional design process. 


=

Due to the nature of acetate as a material, when folded it springs back easily, I thought that I should create a belly band to keep it neatly together and it means that the pattern that I created didn’t go to waste. I played around with different anaglyph type to go on the cover. 

I found the handmade font combined with the sans serif really hard to read when merged together like this. So I went with a simple readable font, Futura. To make it more readable I used a black type with the anaglyph offsets underneath. 



No comments:

Post a Comment