Saturday 31 October 2015

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 3 - Mock ups

I created a lot of mock ups for this brief as I felt like on my last publication brief I made lots of mistakes on the final product because it was my first real print out of it. This mock up was just a simple black and white print out on normal paper - not with the tracing paper - to just see whether the layout and the cover worked on the size that I wanted.





For now I just used some bulldog clips to keep it together as I am waiting for the book binding induction in order to learn how to do a Japanese stab bind. The bulldogs do simulate how some of the spine will be covered though so it worked quite well to show how much I needed to change my layout in order to account for the extra gutter. Also I feel that the title on the front cover is far too big, taking away from the journal look that I was going for. However I am satisfied with the minimal layout, I think it looks like a photo album with small pictures placed inside. The tracing paper also emulates this because in some photo albums you have protective thin sheets of tissue or tracing paper to protect the photographs and the tracing paper with the laters could show this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment